Tuesday, May 3, 2011

You Be the Anchor That Keeps My Feet On the Ground (I'll Be Your Wings to Keep Your Heart In the Clouds) by Mayday Parade

Long title, I know. The chord progressions in this song are all over the friggen place but I tabbed out the chords. The tab for the verses in the link that I'm gonna put with the cover is right and the intro is right so the tab page is right but the chords are wrong. Lyrics & links will be given when I post this cover.

Chorus:
G - D/F# (AKA F#m) - Em7 - Em - C - D

Verse 2:
"as hours move to minutes..." through "all alone and in the dark" refer to intro tab
"so let me think of how to word it..." and after chord progression:
G - D/F# - Em7 - Cadd9 - Em - D/F#

Bridge:
"And you'll sing to me sweetly til then..." through "And I will have you know I'm scared to death"
Chord Progression: C - G - D/F# - Em7 (x2) D/F# - C
"Tell me once again" through "You reach out your arms"
Chord Progression:
G - D/F# - Em7 - C - D - G
G - D/F# - Em7 - G
"Please don't let me go" Chord Progression:
G - D/F# - Em7 - Cadd9 - D - G


G: 320033
D/F#: 200230 (AKA F#m)
Em7: 022033
Cadd9: 032033
D: 000232
Em: 022000

No comments:

Post a Comment